Skip to main content

DIARY OF A MAD FAT WOMAN: FIGHTING BACK

Greetings all. It's been a while,but I am back with a little story that I felt I need to tell. So 2013 started off nice and I have since gained some more weight since my first post. The battle with food continues and I for one am a true Jamaican-American, in other words I am a fighter. I decided that I am not going to let nature get the best of me. All the weight that I gained from having my child is still there staring me in the face, and boy does it look mean.

So you might be asking yourself "So what are you doing about it?" Well my lovely readers this mad fat woman has decided to kick the weigh off. Kick it off??? yes I said kick it off. I started taking kickboxing classes over a week ago and I can tell you if this doesn't get my booty back in shape then nothing will. I got tired of the same old gym routine and wanted something different. I thought since I do like hitting and punching things (No I am not crazy) why not kickboxing. So I looked up kickboxing studio online and Google gave me a lot of choices, plus I am in New York City so there is a kickboxing studio almost everywhere. But only one caught my eye IloveKickboxing is AWESOME.

IloveKickboxing was my first pick and they had a great deal, try 3 classes for $20 bucks and if you didn't like it they refund your money. Lets just say I really don't care if I see that $20 bucks every again because the place is totally worth it. The staff are friendly and very welcoming, the instructors are awesome and really into their work. The classes are filled with friendly people, so if you don't like meeting new people, I suggest getting private classes. From the first day I started my workout I was sweating like crazy. So for a whole hour you are working out. Running, jumping jacks, crunches, and after the warm up you get to the good stuff, which is beating up on a punching bag for the rest of the class.  Since I was a newbie I had to stay in the front of the class so that the instructor could tell me what to do, which I was totally fine with. I wasn't the only newbie, which made me happy. 

So far I've been doing great and I keep looking for changes, but I know that unless I change some of my routines eating wise I wont see any results. So this mad fat woman is going to change the way she eats so that this isn't a wasted effort. Hopefully I will shrink a few sizes by my birthday (GEMINI in the house) and I will gladly post some before and after pics, even through in previously I said could never. So to all the other MAD FAT WOMEN out there...Get yourself up and try a kickboxing class. You can try Ilovekickboxing and if you do let me know how much you love the class or if you barfed like the other newbie that I took class with. Well as I always say people happy reading and I will see you soon.

Comments

  1. Are you still Kickboxing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anonymous,

      Sadly I had to stop kickboxing ....But I am still working out and now eating somewhat correctly. Hopefully I lose some of the weight, but I know it wont be as much if I were still doing kickboxing.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

BOOKS AND WEBSITES NEW MOTHERS SHOULD CHECKOUT

  Being a new mother I can say is one of the scariest things in the world. You are now in charge of a new life. You are charged with the responsibility of making sure he/she is feed, cleaned, entertained and every need taken care of. Mind you because of the demands being placed on you by your new little bundle of joy you might feel that you have no time for yourself, and I would say that your right! For the first few months of your baby's life, your life is no longer your own. You sleep when he/she sleeps, you eat when you have time to sneak it in, and you finally take a shower when he/she takes a long nap. But it gets better and its well worth it. Eventually your little bundle starts sleeping thought   All of those demands and sleepless nights were something you thought you were prepared for, but when it finally came down to it you were totally wrong. Gone are helpful nurse's that would take your little one to the nursery when you wanted to take a nap. Gone are the extra

Beautiful relaxing music for stress relief meditation music, healing music

Being a mother and a writer is a unique and fulfilling experience.

Being a mother and a writer is a unique and fulfilling experience. As a mother, you have the incredible opportunity to nurture and raise a child, while as a writer, you have the ability to express your thoughts, emotions, and experiences through words. Balancing these two roles can be challenging, but it is definitely possible. One of the key aspects of being a mother and a writer is time management. With the demands of both roles, it's important to find a balance that works for you. This may involve setting aside specific times for writing, whether it's early in the morning, during nap times, or in the evenings. It's also important to communicate your needs and boundaries with your family, so they understand the importance of your writing time. Another aspect to consider is finding inspiration in your everyday life as a mother. Motherhood is filled with countless moments of joy, frustration, love, and growth. These experiences can serve as a rich source of inspiration for